Hudson Family Wellbeing Centre is in Sefton’s Central locality.
The Family Wellbeing Centres in Sefton provide joined up support for children and young people aged 0-19 years. They provide a range of interventions for individuals to help and promote families to thrive, adopting a whole family approach. The Family Wellbeing Centres available for families to access and are broken into localities, these include Central, North and South.
The Family Wellbeing Centres offer targeted support to individuals 0-19 and families. The interventions and packages of support would include:
- Addressing worklessness, financial and social exclusion support.
- Supporting families and individuals in need by providing the right support at the right time.
- Promoting education, training, employment volunteering opportunities.
- Increasing attendance at schools, improve speech and language development and levels of progress that children and young people make.
- Reducing domestic abuse, risk of homelessness and isolation.
- Engaging children, families and individuals with a range of Health and Wellbeing Needs
Services include: Supporting 1001 critical days including the 2 year old offer, Chattertime and Play to Learn interventions. Advice and guidance around adults and children’s physical, mental health and wellbeing, including C card (sexual health services,) Think Differently Cope Differently, Relax Kids, Incredible Years, counselling support and interventions that further develop aspects of mental health.
Evidence based parenting programmes such as Triple P. Special educational needs and disability (SEND), Local Offer support. Engagement of dads, carers and young people through targeted programmes such ACES and Commit 2 Change. Links with a number of voluntary and community sector initiatives and commissioned work. Access to Tier 2 substance misuse services, domestic abuse services and support programmes, Welfare support, debt management and benefits advice. Counselling support, early help whole family assessment and supervised contact for families accessing support through children’s social care.