About the Family Hubs Network
Family Hubs are centres which enhance integrated working by enabling easier access and better outcomes for families, more effective service delivery, and smarter use of budgets.
We want every community, in all four nations of the United Kingdom, to enjoy the benefits of Family Hubs, so all families who need support can access it. The Family Hubs Network connects those running existing Hubs through the information provided on our website and our events. We advocate for the spread of Family Hubs by increasing awareness among national and local policy makers and commissioners. We disseminate news about innovative and effective work on the front line of family support.
We and others have been championing Family Hubs for over a decade and new ones are opening all the time through ‘bottom-up’ change which we want to help policy-makers and politicians in national and local government understand. We set up the Family Hubs Network as an infrastructure organisation to help grow and give shape to this emerging movement. We want to provide a learning environment where local authorities and others can share examples of good practice, journeys of system change and how they have formally and informally evaluated their progress.
Purpose of the Role
Our Relationships Manager drives the growth of our network, through building relationships with stakeholders in central government, local government, private and voluntary sector businesses and organisations and community leaders. This is a vital aspect of the Family Hubs movement which creates momentum and achievement of our goals.
The Relationships Manager supports the Director and Head of Development and works with other team members: Website & Content Manager and Administrative Assistant.
Role and Responsibilities
Manages relationships with Family Hubs Network stakeholders
- Family Hub deliverers
- Central government
- Local government
- Private and Voluntary sectors
- Other allies
- Other influential individuals and organisations
Relationships management involves
- Handling general enquiries on daily basis
- Ensuring CRM system is accurate and up to date
- Researching and contacting potential network members
- Visiting Family Hubs in England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland (approx. two trips per month)
- Creating and distributing quarterly newsletter
Contributes to website content
- Responsible for collecting Family Hub registrations and creating profiles
- Involved in content creation
- Liaises with Website and Content Manager
Home based or office based in Westminster, London
- Able to attend team meetings in London a minimum of four times per year
- Well organised, flexible, able to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Excellent communicator – spoken and written
- Strong relationship and networking skills
- Ability to work accurately with good attention to detail
- Familiar with or quick to learn digital systems e.g. Microsoft 365, Hubspot
- Negotiable, dependent upon experience and hours agreed
- Part time – 16-24 hours per week negotiable
- An applicant’s CV should demonstrate how they have already fulfilled the above requirements in previous roles.
- 15th July 2020
For more information, contact Catherine Barker at email@example.com or 020 7920 6192. To apply, please submit your CV with a strong covering letter, explaining why you are enthusiastic about the role, to Catherine Barker at the email address above.